Are you in need of a dental crown? Generally made from porcelain, resin, or porcelain-fused-to-metal, dental crowns can correct a variety of dental issues, making them a premier treatment option here at Babcock & Morgan Family Dental in Prior Lake, MN. Led by family dentists Dr. Michael Babcock and Dr. Tom Morgan, here are 5 common scenarios where our office would recommend a dental crown:
1. You have a weakened tooth. Although enamel is a hard protector of teeth, it can become weak from tooth erosion and exposure to acids. Fortunately, a crown can strengthen a worn-down and weakened tooth structure, protecting it from further damage.
2. You have a decayed tooth. Tooth decay can completely destroy your enamel if left untreated. Root canal treatment can often fix the issue however, and dental crowns can be used at the end of the procedure to ensure that the decay stays away.
3. You have a chipped tooth. Chipping a tooth is a common phenomenon, that can be caused by a fall, playing contact sports without a mouth guard, or even down biting on hard substances. Whatever the cause may be, a crown can make your chipped tooth look whole and healthy [email protected]
4. You have a cracked tooth. In addition to chips, cracking a tooth is also very common and it can make eating painful and largely interfere with oral function. Fortunately, dental crowns can restore the structure of your cracked teeth so that you can eat in comfort.
5. You have discolored teeth. Between smoking, drinking dark-colored beverages, and eating pigmented foods, it can be quite easy to turn teeth from white to black, brown, or yellow. If you are suffering from tooth discoloration, a consultation with one of our family dentists can determine if crowns might be a great option for you!
Give Us a Call
If you need a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today. Call Babcock & Morgan Family Dental in Prior Lake, MN, by dialing 952-447-4611 to schedule a dental consultation with one of our family dentists.